Sunday, February 15, 2009

Happy Valentines Day!


But seriously, my first love was a Pee Wee League football player. So it's true that I haven't forgotten him. Well, not completely; I still can't remember his name.

It may say something about my warped sense of humor that I deeply appreciate Al Green's tender and vulnerable songs about love (with all their tension and inner conflict jonesin'), as well as a thoughtful Quiet Storm mix, and the verité love shots of the president and first lady, and yet still find the below image rather hilarious (courtesy 33 Jones), and feel for Fresh at 33 Jones who penned the accompanying blog entry, "I Used to Love H.E.R." at Souled On - a contemporary music scholar's philosophical and audiophilic haven (above image thanks to Souled On).

That hip hop love can be a hot mess...

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 7:36 PM, Anonymous fresh said...

Ok, so I'm several months late on this, but just wanted to stop by and say thanks for showing some love.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home