Sunday, October 29, 2006

Seismosis...(shakin' my world)


On Friday a gift of art arrived in my mailbox. Seismosis is the artistic collaboration, "a text-art dialogue" between Cave Canem Fellows Christopher Stackhouse (who is also a visual artist) and John Keene (did I not tell you they--CC Fellows--were everywhere?).

I am savoring the experience of randomly opening and reading the work, perusing the collection's design, and feeling the deceptively light weight of the book, as it sits atop the outstretched palms of two my hands (it's just so pretty in a substantive way). So I'm not yet ready to write anything about the work. In the meantime, check out the link to Seismosis details from publisher 1913, and possibly the first online review by poet Zack Barocas, who gives the multi-medium conversation between Keene and Stackhouse an acute and thoughtful read.

2 Comments:

At 12:32 PM, Blogger Mendi Obadike said...

yes yes, y'all.

 
At 10:10 PM, Blogger John K said...

Audiologo, thank you so much for this entry. I greatly, greatly appreciate it, as I know Christopher does. (He ain't part of the blogging world, though.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home