Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Yes I Did!

...VOTE, that is...

I got to the polling location at 6:09am and there was already a line, fortunately it was only a 30 minute wait. The black woman ahead of me on line had brought numerous forms of identification, as had I. The white female pole attendant joked, 'didn't want to be challenged, hunh?' In triumph, the black woman raised her fist a little when the other white female poll attendant found her on the roll. I was similarly thrilled when I was on the roll and didn't have to file a voter complaint.

I took my time voting, though there were only two referendums on the ballot and I already knew all the candidates who were getting my vote. Really it was a moment to savor. But I kept my cool until I got back home, when did a little happy, hopping dance with gleeful giggles.

Lines may be long, but don't let complacency and poll-based assumptions set in. I overheard a woman who used to work as a pollster indicating how misleading they can be--as far as getting people's confidence up so they take victory for granted. Bad idea.

Very, very, bad idea.

I'll let Ill Doctrine break it down...



Vote, Baby, Vote...!

Labels: , ,