Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Traveling through the south...

Note: this entry was originally penned on the road, but I had trouble accessing the photo so I'm posting it now.

I decided I would drive North to mark the transition into another era. The last time I moved from one region of the US to another I flew in and found it quite challenging to fully integrate the new ground under my feet, although I eventually grew to love the feeling of it beneath me.

This trip has been a "Moving Adventure.." to say the least. I've had three "roadside breakdowns" in U-Haul parlance, but I've also met some really nice folks, black and white, commiserated over the complexities of black hair care, tasted my first Honeydew Peach (oh so, yummy), and realized that over the past two years I have developed a complex affection for the U.S. South, or perhaps re-developed would be more accurate, but that's another story.

The above is a picture of my second U-Haul truck being towed away to another state for repairs...fittingly, with all its troubling nostalgic referents, by a company called the "Blue and Gray" as I remain in the South for another day...

1 Comments:

At 10:23 PM, Blogger John K said...

Audiologo, I hope the move went well. I, like others I'm sure, can't wait till you're posting again. Take care, John

 

Post a Comment

<< Home